Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Cast on? Magic. Results? Not so much.


Every now and then, I get this idea that I need to try something new, get out of my knitting comfort zone. And this "something new" is almost always knitting socks toe-up with a short-row heel. What you see above is the result of my most recent attempt, but what you can't see in the photo is that the most recent attempt has been ripped the hell out.

I am strictly a top-down, heel-flap, "knit for length of foot minus two inches, then begin toe shaping" kind of gal, and from this point forward, I vow to remember that. There's really no reason to turn my favorite thing to knit into something that is not fun at all.

2 comments:

Eva said...

I second that! And although you may not have made it there, there's really no good way to bind off the toe-ups. Either the top is too tight or it looks like crap.

P.S. Your Selbu on Ravelry is amazing.

sheepish one said...

this post could be an entry on my own blog. i am always attempting this, without any success. know i need to remember your post, and know i am not the only one like this.