Monday, October 13, 2008

What, doesn't everybody go a year between blog posts?


Meet my Elm Row. Inspired by another knitter involved in the Sundara Lace Knit and Crochet Along on Ravelry, I knit mine in sock yarn, as opposed to the lace that the pattern is written for. I got 32 repeats out of my skein (Sundara sock yarn, in the Limited Edition Rhubarb Crisp colorway), and my blocked scarf measures 46" long. I really wish I had remembered to take a picture of the scarf before blocking, too, because it was such a transformation.

Here's a close-up:


Speaking of Sundara sock yarn, I got my Seasons club mailing on Friday afternoon and, armed with the Autumn colorway, my trusty new swift and ballwinder, immediately set to work. The end result?



The pattern, Dahlia, was from Sundara's Petals Club and is not commercially available. I had been searching for a yarn that I thought would do justice to the pattern, and this one - Roasted Persimmon over Green Papaya - does.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeay a post! ;)

Your scarf is so beautiful! I am impressed with your completion skills. I have lace scarves that have been lingering for years. (also, very jealous of the Sundara yarn, sooo gorgeous).

And I'm starting to think you must have a sock making sweat shop stashed somewhere - damn you are fast!

Jessica said...

That is really really beautiful. I wish I could knit, but alas, I have no talent at all :) I need to just buy knitted goods!

Jessie said...

Jennifer, you motivated me! What can I say? :)

And thank you both! I got manic on those socks. Also, I wore my scarf yesterday and it was a lot warmer than I thought it would be. I forsee more fingering weight scarves in my future.