Sunday, July 15, 2007

FO: 9 to 5 socks


Pattern: 9 to 5 socks by Nicole Hindes
Yarn: ShibuiKnits sock, Wasabi colorway
Needles: Clover Takumi, US size 1
Started: June 29, 2007
Finished: July 12, 2007

I love this pattern! The faux-cable is beautiful and so simple to work. It's definitely one of those instances where I found myself knitting "just one more repetition" to see another piece of the pattern unfold.



The Shibui yarn was so easy to work with. Nice stretch to the yarn, soft as can be in the hand, no splitting EVER. Also fun was how the variegated colors spiral around and make tiger stripes on the foot of the sock.

I have plans to knit this sock again at least three more times for various gifts and such, and next time I will do as the pattern suggests and use a US size 1.5 needle. The store where I purchased this yarn didn't have any 1.5s in stock, and I didn't want to wait to start knitting, so I used my 1s. They worked fine, but the socks are just a tad more snug than I would like. That doesn't bother me, necessarily, except I'd prefer gifting socks that weren't as snug.



My dachshund is also a fan of the finished objects. (See socks, shoes, collar; I seem to be going through a green phase!)





8 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look fabulous! I love, love them - and you've done a great job of showing how cool they can look with a striping yarn, which was something I wondered about...

Jessie said...

Thank you! And thank you for such a great pattern! It will be making lots of friends and family happy this Christmas. :)

Anonymous said...

Holy crap you are a fast sock knitter! I am so sad, booties take me longer than that. And omg the yarn- Green And stripy!! I cannot resist.

k said...

OMG those look awesome! I was like, is this first picture an example? Then I realized it was the socks cause you ROCK.

Jessie said...

Thanks, Jen! I'm horribly impatient, so I guess I can't help but knit fast.

That yarn is seriously awesome.

Jessie said...

I'm glad you like them, k.! I figured since I'd already finished your Hanukkah socks, I could make myself a little something. :)

Anonymous said...

That yarn is awesome. I've been eyeing up the pebble and stone colorway. I may have to give Wasabi another look.

Jessie said...

Thanks!