Sunday, July 8, 2007

I love sock yarn!

Generally speaking, I prefer to do all my yarn shopping at The Yarn Gallery because it's so close to my house and because the staff is always so fun and friendly, but it doesn't have much variety in the way of sock yarn. So yesterday we made a trip to the wilds of Shoreline to visit Village Yarn & Tea, and it was definitely worth the trip. It was a lovely shop, bright and airy, and I made some fantastic finds.


Shibui Knits in Chinese Red and Yarn Pirate in Sweet Magnolia

It's a bit of a trek out to Shoreline, and they didn't have any Lorna's Laces, which is what I was really hoping to find, but I've been drooling over the Chinese Red color on websites for weeks, and really, how can I complain about anything when I purchased Yarn Pirate off the shelf?

After this little expedition, we came home to find my new Brittany Needles had arrived from Paradise Fibers. I was super impressed with this shop. I placed my order on Thursday, it shipped on Friday, and it arrived yesterday. Granted, they're shipping from Spokane, so I have a bit of the old home field advantage, but still. Additionally, the prices are really reasonable, and they have a great selection of the Brittany needles.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jessie. I got to see your yarn on your new blog! It is gorgeous. I can't wait to watch it happen...
Love you!
Mommy